BEACH CLEAN UP - April 2021

What:  Beach Clean up and Picnic

When: 18 April 2021

Where:  Blouberg Beach around Ons Huisie

Cost: Time

Patrons present: Vanessa, Gail, Linda, Lucy, Clarissa, Janine, Kerry

Organised by: Kerry

With my 50th birthday looming, I decided it was time to give back to the environment that gives so much joy to me. I walk the Blouberg beaches regularly and each day the litter strewn on the beach either from beach goers or washed up from the ocean is heartbreaking, so a beach clean up was organised, in conjunction with the amazing gift of sand art of Kind Company's logo (samples of my products were handed out to passers by prior to the clean up).

A group of us gathered on a very hot and still Sunday in April, together with some Kind Company's clients, gloves and bags were handed out and we set off to clean up the pathways and beaches that I frequent often, metaphorically cleaning and clearing my pathway ahead.

A good amount of bags and rubbish were gathered and a few of us waded through the shallows to the park on the opposite side of the beachafter the clean up for a picnic and chat, followed by SUP-ing, swimming and continued into the late afternoon.

It was a wonderful, feel-good day.